Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday the 27th

Psalm 22:  5 They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Isaiah 49: 23 Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."

Jeremiah 2: 36 Why do you go about so much, changing your ways? You will be disappointed by Egypt as you were by Assyria.

Romans 5: 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Disappointment is a tough emotion, it is one that no one likes to deal with, it is one that people try to avoid. We don’t want to disappoint our family, or our friends, and most importantly we do not want to be disappointed. What if I were to tell you that you never have to suffer disappointment again? It is a useless emotion that the devil depends on. Disappointment leads to self doubt, doubt leads to inaction, and inaction leads to death. The devil does not have to win you over, he only has to hold you back! If we read through the scriptures above we see that we are given the keys that release us from disappointment. The Psalmist tells us the that those who trust in the LORD are not disappointed, Isaiah reminds us that those who hope in the Lord are not disappointed, and Paul reminds us that hope does not disappoint because the Holy Spirit dwells within each of us. OK great Brian, I can read, but I still get disappointed….what is the point? I find Jeremiah giving us the missing piece. Why do we go about changing so much? We will be just as disappointed by Egypt, as we were by Assyria. See, disappointment is an emotion of failure, we have failed, or someone has failed us, we feel ashamed, duped, or let down. So, what do we do? We find something else to count on, we find the next bigger, and better deal. Yet we never seem to find the answer. We are disappointed yet again. If you want to quit the disappointment shuffle look to where you are putting your trust. People will always fall short, you will always fall short. There is no need casting out hope like a net into the water, hoping to catch something that will feed and sustain you. It has already been given to you. If you don’t want to be disappointed, then place your trust, and your hope in the One who never fails. You might think well I do place my trust in the Lord, but nothing seems to work out. Well I would ask who are you working for? Are you working for yourself, or the Lord? That my friends is the key. You can hope, and you can trust, but if you are not putting in the work on God’s plan then you will be disappointed. Each morning I wake up and pray, among the things I pray for daily, I ask for guidance to carry out His plan. I cannot fail if I am pursuing God. Does that mean that my life is all rosy and full of flowers? No, not by a long shot! It does mean that I have no reason to feel disappointment, because while I might get it wrong during the day, I have faith, and I trust that the Lord will redirect my steps, after all I am out trying to do the work of the Lord, He will not leave me to stumble in the darkness. When people fail me, why should I feel disappointment? Do I not fail as well? Does the Lord not pick me up and place my feet back on the path? Will He not do the same for each and every person? It is ok to fail, it is not OK to give up! We can leave behind the shackles of disappointment by trusting in, and working towards the One thing this life that will never fail. Many felt disappointment when Christ died on the cross, yet that disappointment was turned to joy! Choose to side step the disappointment. The Son has risen, and the sun will continue to rise! Trust in God, Work with Christ, and follow the Holy Spirit, there is no disappointment in that life, and that is the life that will take you on to the next.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment