Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday the 31st

2 Corinthians 12: 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Happy Memorial Day, I hope everyone is enjoying their day. I love having Mondays off. Not because I am glad that I do not have to start the work week, but because I get to hang on to that Sunday buzz. All day Sunday is beautiful. The batteries are recharged, and it is very easy to let God grace wash over me, and strengthen me. I can see the best in everyone and everything, and the day is just a little brighter. Sort of like when you were a kid, and you put new batteries in your remote control car. It never ran as fast or was as responsive as the first few moments when the batteries are new. SO on Mondays that I am off, I still have that supercharged refreshment of God’s grace. As I sat this morning drinking my coffee reflecting on this I realized just why it is so hard to go into work. My batteries start draining. See, I start trying to run on my own power instead of the Lord’s. As a result I get a little sluggish, I don’t always see the best in people, sometimes, if I am to be honest, I even go so far as to look for the worst! The grind of the week, does weaken me, but not in the way I need it to. The world grinds on us, but it grinds on our ability to trust in God. Instead of recognizing our weakness, we try to double down, and make ourselves stronger. Truth be told, it is one of the reasons I write so much. It keeps me tied to the Lord. It reminds me that it is not through my strength that I will be successful, but through the strength of the Lord. It is by His grace that I make it though the week victoriously. Each morning is a chance for us to reconnect with the Lord. It is a chance to get a mini recharge of God grace. If you think you are strong, you could be stronger, if you think you are wise, you could be wiser, but it all starts with understanding that the weaker you are the stronger that God will be in you. His grace is sufficient. In short, we need to get over ourselves, get out of the way and let God work. Oh the work week will start, it may be one day later, than normal this week, but it will arrive, and our batteries will start to be taxed. Allow yourself to run with a supercharger, replace the batteries that the world gives you, with the batteries of the lord. Boast in your weakness, for you will never rise to the heights intended for you on your own strength. Choose instead to replace your strength with the strength of the Lord. We might think we are good, but if we will clear out the room, He will show us what it is to be great!

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

http://www.thenewcovenantchurch.com/

<))))><

No comments:

Post a Comment