Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday the 10th

Romans 12: 9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

 

Sincere love, clinging to good, devoted to one another, and putting everyone else above yourself. That is a big jagged pill to swallow this morning….. no? It sounds delightful to read, wonderful to imagine, but MAN is it hard to actually do! I know I can’t get there under my own power, I am betting that you are thinking the same. That is just another reason God gave us His Son. Who sincerely loves you? Who always clings to the good? Who is devoted to you, and puts you as an individual above all else on this planet? God; three letters, one name, but unbelievable patience, forgiveness, devotion, and love. For me, realizing this truth is my only hope for trying to display this type of behavior to others. Are there days where I wake up and feel hateful? You know it….. I know selfishness can be a hard one to overcome some days. You can tell me all day that I should do this, or I should act this way, but what drives me to my knees, what cuts me to the bone, is the times that I stop and ask how I could ever think of treating others any other way. My God, the One true living God, shows me more love than I deserve, at times when I can’t even bear to love myself. If my heavenly Father, pours out His love and blessings so undeservingly onto me, how can I even consider treating others with the same outpouring? As God loves us, may we each love those around us!

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment