Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wed the 20th

Philippians 3: 8

 

8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.

 

By today’s standard this has to be viewed as one of the most ridiculous statements ever written. Give up everything? All material things are rubbish? This is exactly why it is so important for us to go out and spread this message. Yes knowing Christ is like finding that pearl, then hiding it in the field and selling everything you have to buy the field. Christ is not something that we want to have, or would be nice to have. You HAVE to have Him! Without Christ, we have nothing. No matter what else you might possess. Without Christ as the foundation it will all be washed away in the first strong storm. I cannot do justice to the concept of life without Christ; it has become an unimaginable death sentence that I do not want to entertain. Today, so many are content to go to church on Sunday then call it a week for the Lord! Sorry that is not going to cut it. AS I see people on the street, as I drive in my car, and see people passing in such a hurry to get to the next destination, I cannot help but feel true grief, sadness fills my heart at the thought that these people I am looking at all might not make the trip into eternity. They have put Christ on the back burner, or have allowed the struggles of the day to turn their faith into a lukewarm careless association with life. We have to not only realize for ourselves, but also go out and profess that a life without Christ is no life at all. Each day we let pass without Christ as our focus, is a day we have handed over to the devil. All is rubbish when compared to Christ; Let that be our battle cry for the day, and our mantra to pass on to all who will listen.

 

Peace,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment