Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday the 1st

Ephesians 4: 31-32

 

31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

 

You don’t make it to far in the New Testament without finding this message. Time and time again it comes back to rest squarely on our shoulders. The Bible is not a blue print for how we should tell others to live, but more of a manual for our own conduct, and morality. We often get caught up in being the good Christian, and as a result we breed bitterness rage, and anger. We condemn and judge others, and hold out the sentence of damnation instead of the hope of forgiveness. We would all do well to remember Through Christ we were given forgiveness, I don’t know what your list looks like, but I know what mine does….and it is a LOOOONG list! If I am forgiven, in spite of all I have done, then I have no room in my life to look at others as less than me. Purge your hearts of bitterness, find that hope that comes with knowing Christ, and pass out freely the Joy, forgiveness, and love that comes with that hope.

 

Peace,

Brian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment