Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday the 15th

Joshua 24:15

…….But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.

I love music a couple of songs that I really enjoy sum this thought up. So I thought I would include a few lines

“You’re gonna have to serves somebody, it might be the devil, or it might be the Lord, but you are going to have to serve someone.” Bob Dylan

“Is this one for the people is this one for the Lord, or do I simply serenade for things I must afford. You can jumble them together, but the conflict still remains. Holiness is calling in the midst of courting fame.” DC Talk

The one question that you must answer each and every day, the question that will decide your attitude, your outlook, your position in life, and your path for the day. It is a very simple question……who will you choose to serve? We all want fame, and the recognition that comes with a job well done. We want the pat on the back, the raise, the promotion. On one hand there is nothing wrong with trying to better your life, but on the other hand you have to make sure you are serving the Lord first, and yourself third. Money is not the root of all evil, but love of it is. Who are you going to serve today? How will you decide to impact the world around you today? Will you buy in to the tripe that says that you must put yourself first, or will you make a trail for others to follow, and show the world all the things that can be accomplished when you work for the Lord? Who will you serve? As for me, and my household, we will serve the LORD!!!

Peace,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment