Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Alone? I think not!

2 Timothy 4:16-17

 

16At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.

 

 

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you just knew you were right, and that all of your friends would support you, and back you up on that point; only to find that when the time came you were left alone? You look over your shoulder thinking that everyone will be there, and you see no one! Don’t you hate that feeling at that moment? You know, where your mouth goes dry, and your stomach drops all the way to the floor like you are on a carnival ride! I can promise you that it will happen again! Humans are….well….human! We all get caught up in our own world from time to time, and we just don’t show up for our friends, and family. I wish I could say it does not happen, but it does. At our time of need we will be let down sometimes. But pay careful attention to the last part of the first verse, and the second verse. We have that same promise, we have that same hope. While our friends might leave us high and dry every now and again, there is always one constant. There is always one thing we can count on, and that is the Lord. Do not hold it against people who did not come to your defense…..I will let you in on a little secret, you have let someone down as well. Someone has depended on you, and you did not show up. So do not hold it against them for the same crime you are guilty of! Take strength, and find your courage in the fact that the Lord is ALWAYS by your side. You never go into battle alone. Depend on him, call on him, make yourself holy so that he might delight in your happiness, and sustain you through your struggles! The Lord will deliver you form the lions mouth as well. HE is the one person you can count on to show up, for he has never left your side!

 

Peace,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment