Wednesday, April 7, 2010

wed the 7th

Acts 1: 7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

 

It is not for you to know….If I had a dollar for every time I said I do not know…..I would be a very rich man indeed! And if I became rich form that….well I still would not know! This is a concept that we as Christians sometimes struggle with, no matter how hard you study, no matter how hard you pray, no matter what you do…..some things are just not for us to know. That is what our faith is for. Saying that we do not know when Christ will come back, or when we will die, or what the future holds….this is not an admission of ignorance, it is a profession of faith! For us the statement is not simply that we do not know, it is that we do not know, but we are sure that the Lord will direct us, and guide us. It is the simple act of doing exactly what the world tells us not to do, we trust in God. The world would have you believe that we MUST know the answers, we must live our life in search of what they call the truth….however we already have the truth, He lives inside of us everyday. The world will shout to trust yourself, or trust in man….I do not know about you, but that never really worked out for me very well. Come to find out, I do not always have the best sense of direction, and as for mankind…..well many around me would / have tried to lead me down in to their service if I was to trust only them. I have learned to live with my I don’t know box, honestly I find comfort in knowing it is there. We simply will never know all that we want, but we can know the One who knows all!  We will never fully see where we are going, but we can trust in the One who has the map. We might not ever know the time or the dates of life changing events…but we can have a close personal relationship with the watch maker. Follow the Holy Spirit, rely on Christ, and trust in the authority of God, the Father.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment