Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday the 16th

Acts 5: 38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.

 

Let it run it’s course…..what great advise. How often that simple advise seems so hard to take. Have you ever stopped to think whom you might be fighting against when you are trying so hard to make something happen? Folks, guess what? You can’t stop God. If it is His will nothing in this world can change the outcome. Oh we might alter the path, we might make it drag out longer than it has to, but God’s will always comes through, and if it is not God’s will, all of the effort in the world will not sustain it. We read a lot in the bible about waiting, be still and see the great things the Lord will do, Jesus talks about 12 hours of daylight, Jesus deliberately waits before going to Lazarus. There is little doubt that God works on His own time table and it is typically much slower than ours.  I would think that one of the biggest hurdles that we as humans have to clear is learning patience. I don’t know about you, but man I hate waiting. I feel like I am wasting my time, sitting around waiting, watching, thinking, getting irritated that things are not moving fast enough…….but maybe that is not the problem, maybe the problem is that I am trying to move to fast, maybe I have been looking at it all wrong, and maybe, just maybe, the time that I am given should be used for something other than staring at the goal and hoping it moves closer to me. Maybe just as Gamaliel points out in this scripture, I should be watching to see where God is directing me to go. Maybe God is telling me that I need to watch and see what is crumbling around me, and what is withstanding the test of time. Perhaps things are moving slower than I would like, because I have a pretty good record of making the wrong choices when things are speeding towards me. I am sure in the end it comes down to realizing that I have spent more time fighting God than I have spent searching for where He needs me to go. Maybe I would not be so tired if I spent less time fighting, and more time praying?

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment