Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wed. the 21st

John 6: 37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

 

Good things here…..Goooood things! Here we see Christ once again saying that anyone who comes to him he will never drive away. I know, I know, your are all saying come on Brian we all know that. That is no new news! But just because you know it does not mean you believe it, and just because you believe it, does not mean that we live it! You might say of course I believe it, but do you? Are you convinced? Are you convicted? Have you allowed that truth to settle into your heart, and really understand what that means? See… we all know Christ will accept everyone of us, but do you believe it about yourself? It is quite human, do we not find ourselves throughout the day setting people on different levels? You might say I love everyone…..but I love this person more than that person, or I will keep this person close, but this one I will keep at arms distance? As the world ahs taught us… we might love everyone…..we just don’t love everyone the same. As a result, this is how we view how we are loved. Is it not a question that we ask others? “how much do you love me?” As if we are waiting to be ranked. The truth is there is no ranking to Christ, He loves me as much as He loves the next person…..as much as He loves you. We live in fear of being driven out of the group. We are worried that others might find out about some aspect of our lives and as a result they will no longer love us the same. We worry that if we do not agree with our peers then we might be cast out. So I ask you again…..do you believe that Christ loves YOU so much, that once you come to Him, He will NEVER drive you away? I will tell you this, there is nothing you can hide from the Lord, He already knows it. There is nothing that you can do to drive Him away, because you were chosen before you were born. You are loved in your darkest hour, in your moment of shame, in your time of disappointment….when you think that you have done the worst that you could do, and there is no way anyone you know would claim you as their own….there is One that is there. There is One that has His hand out, There is One who saw the fall coming, and ran ahead to be there to help pick you up. Yes God loves us…..but most importantly…the Lord loves YOU. I will say it again, the Lord loves you, not only does He love you, but He loves you so much that He will never leave you once you commit to Him. Will you accept that love? Will you allow the Lord a place in your heart so that He might love you fully? Will you let yourself become convicted of the fact that you are loved, and that love will never be withdrawn? Yes, we all know that God loves the world, but do you know how much God loves YOU?

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment