Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday the 12th

Judges 7: 2 The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her.

You know, all too often I get down on myself. I look around and think I don’t have enough friends, there is not enough support….I don’t have a large enough group of people in my life to be successful or make a difference….sound familiar? We often look to those around us for the strength, and support that is freely given by God. When I read the story of Gideon I always think, “man, what else could you possibly need other than God? Think about this setting. Who else in your life would look at a situation like this and say hey…..you know what….you have to many people here, get rid of some of them so that we might be successful, and I can do my work. You do not need to be surrounded by people for support, you need to be surrounded by God! Let those around you be there to give the glory to God, and let God worry about the victory. When we try to stack up people around us to advance a goal, we find that those most willing to be with us, especially on a professional level, seem to all have something to gain by being next to us. Yet when we rely on God for our victory, He brings people to us that have the correct goal in mind….advancing the Word of God. It is when we rely of God fully, that we can truly experience full victory over any challenge in our lives. When we surround ourselves with those eager to serve us, we find ourselves in the company of the deceived. When we surround ourselves with God we find ourselves in the company of greatness. No matter the battle, no matter the size or scope of the obstacle in front of you, do not look to count the number of people next to you, look to make sure that the Holy Spirit is out in front leading, that God is in your heart and on your lips, and check to make sure that Christ is walking alongside of you. When you find yourself in that company, you find that it is the only company that you require…..the rest is just extra!

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

http://www.thenewcovenantchurch.com/

<))))><

No comments:

Post a Comment