Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday the 6th

2 Corinthians 12: 8-9

 

8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

 

Paul is talking about the “thorn in his side” Do you have a thorn? I know I do. I have a thorn, and I have learned that that thorn is there, and needs to stay. Quit trying to pull it out! I have seen people who remove their thorn, or become so oblivious to their thorn that they forget it is there. They forget that they are servants to the Lord’s will, and begin to think they are only servants to themselves. You know……a little irritation can be a very good thing. Ask an oyster, without that little irritating grain of sand it could never produce a pearl. We are the same, beautiful works of the Lord come out of us, all it takes is a little time, a little pressure, and a little thorn.

 

The trick is to not let the thorn become so large that it destroys you. We need things in our life to keep us humble, things that will help us remember where we come from and what our goal is. I am often amazed when I see people come in to a large amount of money, you know what I am talking about, you have seen the stories on TV or in the paper. The first things most of them do is try to go out and buy happiness, they spend a fortune trying to rid themselves of the thorns in their life. They all end up the same way. Broke and bewildered. You cannot buy your way into happiness, it starts within, and it starts well before your life becomes easy. It starts when you learn to accept the thorn in your side. So rejoice over your thorn, be happy it is there, and remember the true goal in life. Stay true to yourself, and the Lord. Let Him worry about tomorrow, he already knows what is in store for you.

 

Peace,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment