Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday the 14th

John 15:12-14

12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command.

 

Love as you have been loved by Christ….I don’t know about you, but when I put some thought into it….I really need to work on this one. Oh sure I have plenty of love to give, I make it a point each day to work on it, but Christ died for me….and you….and your friends…..and your family…..and that guy you can’t stand…..and that girl that gets on your nerves…..I would love to tell you that I could do the same….some days I feel like I am close, I am sure that you do as well. However I can’t help but think of Christ when He was here, for Him to see the unloved, and want to love, to see the shunned, and want to love, to see those that hated Him, and want to love. To think that His last words, His last thought was to love more, not less! What love, what commitment…what grace……We have much to work on when it comes to love, let us take that attitude of Christ’s and graft it into our hearts. Let us search for more to love, less to hate, more to love, less to shun, more to love, and less to judge……Let us work to be true friends to our brother Christ, let us work to love.

 

Peace,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment