Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday the 9th

1 John 2:1

 

1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

 

It is Monday and I am reminded of a sign that hung in a friends kitchen when I was a kid. It read; Lord today is a good day, I have not raised my voice in anger, I have not belittled, or deceived anyone, my heart is full of joy, and I am thankful for this day……..but Lord, I am about to get out of bed, and I am going to need your help after that!

 

We are not going down this path alone, we have a companion that walks beside us, sometimes even carries us. When we sin, He is there, not looking down upon us, not pointing His finger saying I told you so, He does not shout at us in frustration “ you will never learn”. HE patiently waits for our repentance, then speaks to His Father on our behalf. It is a comfort to know that all of our shortcomings, all of our inequities, when laid at the foot of the cross, are forgotten. Honestly it is that knowledge that gets me out of bed in the morning with a smile on my face. You see, with Christ as our mediator we are victors. We are winners today, tomorrow, and every day that follows. We have our strength and our salvation in Jesus Christ. We are not perfect, but with Christ at our side we find redemption from this world. Sin is everywhere, it hunts us down relentlessly, however with our Savior at our side through this journey, we are strengthened, our resistance to sin is elevated, and in the event we do stumble, Christ is there, dusting us off, and helping us up. How blessed we are to have such a gift, how much must God love us to give us His Son, not as a lawyer, not as an advisor, but as a brother, and friend! We all might stumble here and there, but those of us that walk with Christ will always find forgiveness through Christ; he is our defender, our brother, our friend, and our salvation. Won’t you call on him today? Ask him to walk with you, ask him to heal you, ask him for the forgiveness that you so desperately want and need. After all, He is the Righteous One!

 

Peace,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment