Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday the 1st

Hebrews 4: 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

 

We spend a lot of time on our looks, how we act, and what people see. We want to impress, we want to fit in, and we want to be thought well of. We hide our bad spots, and exaggerate our strengths. It is a dance we can get caught up to the point we know no other way to live. Making sure that we make a good impression becomes more important that being the unique, perfect, beautiful person God created. That is the key you know. Nothing is hidden from the Lord. You might be a ray of sunshine at work, but when you get home if you are a tyrant, well God sees that as well. You may speak great things, and quote scripture from memory, but if you have to lie to get by, cover your tracks, and pretend to be something you are not…..well the Lord sees that as well.  What would happen if we all just decided to be ourselves? What if instead of trying to make a good impression on those around us, we just worried about bringing our best forward, even if that means that some of our weaker points would be exposed? What would happen, if we allowed ourselves to be all that God intended. I often wonder what the Lord must think of us humans. He gave us perfection, yet we cover that perfection up in exchange for acceptance. I think of my own life, and how I used to try and hide my background, or hide my shortcomings. I think of How many times I have lied in an effort to be something to someone that I am not. How often have I hurt someone in an effort to make myself temporarily happy? All of these things the Lord has already seen, the One that matters has not been fooled, even if the person in front of me has been.  We will all give account, and at that time all of our actions will be laid bare. I know for myself today will be another struggle, as it is for us all. A day of choices, a day of deciding which face to show, which mask to wear….it is my hope, it is my prayer, it is my quest, to try and make today the day that I have nothing to hide. In the end why should I try and hide any of it? As soon as it is done, it has been seen. The difference between the Lord, and the world, is that God loves you, warts and all. He created you… you were His before you were born. He knew that perfection that would reside in each of us, because He placed it there. I often tell my daughter before she leaves the house “don’t do anything you can’t explain to God” Maybe a better phrase would be don’t do anything that would embarrass God, for there is no need to explain, it is done, it is seen, and if requested, it is forgiven. He loves us, it is my prayer that we all find a way to show that love, by living a life with nothing to hide.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment