Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday the 27th

Psalm 118: 13 I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me. 14 The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

 

 

It has been a tough year for most. Even those who have what many consider to be an “easy” life have had many pitfalls, close calls, times of struggle this year. As David writes, I so feel as this year draws to a close….I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord Helped me. I have stumbled, I have tripped, stubbed my toe, and maybe even knocked to my knees a time or two this year, but I have not fell. The Lord has helped me. Time and time again I have called on the Lord, and He has answered. As this year comes to an end most find themselves looking towards the future, the bright new year awaits on the horizon, full of promise, full of hope, full of expectation; but before we cross that threshold, before we cross into the new year, let us take time to recount the year that has passed. Let us give thanks to God for being our strength, and our defense. I find it no surprise that we celebrate the birth of Christ a week before we start a new year. By Giving the world His Son, God once again answered the call of His people. A world that was on the brink, was pulled back form the edge with the birth of the Christ Child. He gave Strength to the weak, defense to the helpless, and salvation to a world that was heading to death. Let us thank God for all of the joy, all of the triumphs, all of the edge walking, gorge jumping, cliff hanging days that we have survived with Him by our side…..but let us too give thanks for the defeats, the pain, the dark days, and the storms of life that have tossed us around this past year. For the defeat is only temporary, so that God can prepare us for the next season, the pain only serves to make the joy of the Lord deeper, and sweeter than anything we might experience, the dark days, and the storms serve to remind us that with the Lord the darkest night is still full of shadow less light, and the most sever storms are calmed with a simple word from the Lord. Yes we have all been close to falling in this past year, as we remember those times let us also remember that the Lord is always there to help. Let us resolve to make this coming year a year where we walk more closely with the Lord, where we depend on Him more, and ourselves less. Let us place all of our fears, our apprehensions, our doubt, and our hate at the cross of Christ. Let next year be the first year that you allow yourself to live fearless. Trusting in the Lord to help you with His strength, defend you with His power, and save you with His grace. Happy New year to all let’s make it one to remember!

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment