Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday the 22nd

James 1: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

 

The one who does not change like the shifting shadows, the one who holds true.  Time does not change God. I have spent a lot of time thinking about time here lately. A quick glance at my calendar reminds me that time is no friend of mine. I have much in my life, but if I lack two things, it would be time, and money. One I can change, the other is constant. So as I think of the busy schedules that we all must keep, the sacrifices that we must make, it leaves me wondering how much do we change? How often are we like those shifting shadows? Trying to elude time, and manipulate our schedule. What do we drop, what do we add on? What can we squeeze in, and what gets pushed out? How we respond to this, will tell us exactly how much we will change, and if that change will be beneficial, or damaging. God does not change, yet if anyone has a busy schedule it must be God right? So how does He do it all without changing who He is on a daily basis? Well I am convinced God does not run His life out of a day planner. He starts with one goal each day, Show the world His love, and then He works from there. As a result He does not get bogged down, He does not run out of time (as if that could happen, what is a day to God) He does not change. We could learn a lot from that simple process. What is the goal that you start each day off with? Could you imagine that goal being to show the world the Love of God? Oh wait, that is supposed to be our goal….right? How often though does that goal get pushed aside, as we cram so much into our day, that love is the last thing that we show? I talked to a friend (and actually I have heard many people say it) “I can’t sleep at night because of all of the things I have to do running through my head”, or “as soon as I wake up in the morning, I am already stressed about how much I have to get done.” In this busy world, we are leaving off the main goal, and getting focused on all of the items on our check list. As a result we do often change, sometimes for the better, but sometimes for the worse. We should write at the top of each page of our planners LOVE. Not For one day, but at the top of everyday, whatever else we can get in that day, great, but make sure it is filled with love. That is how we too can remain unchanging, giving off the light, and the love of the Lord. Instead of changing like the shifting shadows, let us strive to fill our day with love, and cast the shadows away forever.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment