Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday the 27th

Philippians 4: 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

 

Don’t be anxious…there it is, one of my favorite topics to talk about. It is one of my favorites because it is one that I used to struggle with daily, and even now still creeps into my life. I used to live in a state of anxiety. Stressed, not just about one or two things, but I was worrying about everything. Bills, relationships,, my job, the promotion I wanted. I had become so used to it, that I did not even notice it. I was walking alone. I was carrying all of that stress around with me everyday, because I thought it was mine, and mine alone. I was wrong. You do not have to live with that ball of stress buried in your chest. You do not have to carry around that bag of bricks. The Lord will take it from you. The fella that owns the company I work for is a great example of that. He does not stress about much. I have watched him for over six years, and even when the heat gets turned up, he may move quickly, but it is deliberate. Now if you know him, you might be inclined to say the he in a comfortable place, and has nothing to stress about. I will tell you that I believe, it is because he does not let anxiety drive his day, he has risen to where he is. You see…… he will be the first to tell you, he does not work alone. I know, I know you are thinking “what, I am just supposed to turn it over to God?” the simple answer is yes, exactly, 100%, now you get it! I have had people ask, well how exactly do you do that? I would ask how exactly do you tie your shoes, or drive a car? These things too at one point in your life seemed impossible. But you do them everyday now. You practice, you pray, and you learn. This scripture lays it out there for you in very simple instruction. “In everything by prayer, and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Drop it off at the cross of Christ. No, it is not an easy thing to do. We have spent a life time holding on to things that cause us anxiety. You start with prayer, get in the habit of not just asking the Lord to take the stress, but actually let it go. We were not created to walk this world miserable, waiting for the other shoe to drop. If our life is full of stress, then how will we see all of the blessings that we have been given? How will we see the direction we need to go, if our thoughts are not clear?  If you have not already, make it a point to add into your time of prayer a request for the Lord to take your stress from you, and most importantly, start working on letting it go. Think of it this way, God can’t fix it if your hands are all over it. you have to release it to Him, so that He can fix it for you. Request it from God, and do not be anxious about anything. 

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment