Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday the 27th

Mark 13:  32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. 

 

I was standing in the kitchen last night and I heard on the TV a woman say that “she wants to live in amazement of something”….(I think it was an ad for a movie coming up or something like that) She wants to live in amazement……I ask how can you not be living in amazement everyday?!  We don’t have a lot of time here on earth when you stop and think about it. Each and everyday counts, each moment counts, each interaction is a chance to be amazed. Look at the world that we are surrounded by, the beauty, the life, and the love that is all around us, and tell me that there is not a lifetime of amazement surrounding us at any given moment.  The woman was partially right, but it is not that there is nothing in your life right now to live in amazement of….no it is that we are not awake enough to see it. I don’t want to live in amazement, I want to be awake, I want to be present, I want to live alive, for I know that I have no idea how long it will last. We allow entire block of our day to pass in a fog, sometimes it seems like entire days might slip by us……We must remember to live alive, not just when we get home, or not just on the weekend, but each and everyday. When we start the day off putting the Lord first, then we set up our day for one of amazement, carry Him along with you throughout the day. If you want to be alive, if you want to be alert, decide to take the Lord with you each and everyday, each and every hour. Live you life in amazement of all that He has given you, and all that has been placed at your feet. The Lord gave you a life, that life spans 24 hours, 7 days a week. He has filled that life with amazing things, people, events, and moments, will you be awake enough to see them? Will you live your life with the Lord, or will it be alone and asleep?

We know that we don’t know the day or the hour that the Lord will return, and we know that when that day comes the time for do overs or getting it done is over…..so the real question is, are we alert? Are we ready? Are we living our life and making each day count? I remember my parents, my preacher, my god-parents, all of them would say live today like it could be your last…..and I would always say OK! It gets me to thinking, what if I left today? What would I leave undone? What have I been putting off for tomorrow? Live your life in amazement, and you will be alert, give your day to the Lord, let Him direct your steps, and you will find a life full of amazement, joy, peace, and life. Keep watch, be amazed, live alive!

 

 

God Bless,

Brian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment