Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday the 29th

John 14:  1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

 

Do not let your heart be troubled. This is a phrase that is carried throughout the Bible. Trust in the Lord. That one single phrase that is so easy to say, yet so hard to fully submit to. There is a place already made, and already waiting on you. The Lord has been working on it. It is just for you and only you. Yet we drag through this life troubled….plagued by indecision, fear, and uncertainty. Oh I know what you are thinking, I KNOW where I am going , I am not scared of anything, and I am certain of my path….but are you? When you say those phrases out loud, are you not questioning them on the inside. I know what I am doing….(I hope)….I am not scared of anything…..(at least I hope no one can see)…I am certain of where I am going……(why am I going through this) We are taught by the world to trust no one, it is a concept and teaching that serves the ole’ devil well. God loves you, and as with any love, in any relationship, love comes with trust. If you want to live fearlessly, then don’t just love God with half your heart, love Him fully! Give Him all of your love, and that comes with all of your trust. Then you can fearlessly shout to the world that “ I know what I am doing, for it is the work of the Lord” I have no fear of this world, because my Lord will protect me.” And “I know where I am going, I am working towards the place that the Lord has prepared for me.” Trust in the Lord, not in this world, and not in yourself, trust that the Lord will provide, for He always has. As Christ said, if it were not so He would not have told us. The Lord is not a liar, He is a promise keeper. Love Him, and trust Him, He has been working for you since before you were born. He has a place prepared for you. It is not where you live in this world that counts, it is where you spend eternity that you are working for. Trust in God, trust in Christ, trust in the Holy Spirit, do not let your heart be troubled.

God Bless,

Brian Thetford
<)))><

 

No comments:

Post a Comment