Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday the 4th

Micah 7: 8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

 

 

The enemy does love to gloat doesn’t he? How we respond to that will greatly affect how we continue on in life. We do not always win the skirmish, we all stumble, and we all suffer a defeat now and then. As soon as we do, you can bet that there will be people who come out of the wood work to shout it to the world. Those who sit on the side lines waiting, or take an active role in our defeat cannot wait to declare victory. They will kick you when you are down, and tell the world about it….they will gloat. How do we react? It is very common to want to go crawl in a hole, you want to go lick your wounds, and forget that it happened. You were defeated, and now you have defeated yourself. We allow the world to dictate our fate. Here in this scripture we see the attitude we should all project. I failed,…..so what? Yes, you beat me this time……who cares? Yes, I have been trampled on…..it does not matter! Why? Because through the power of God I will rise again! It might be dark, but the Lord will turn on the light! I might be lost for the moment, but the Lord will take my hand, pull me up, and set me on the path! He will redeem me, He will replenish me, and He will sustain me.  We must commit ourselves to the war of life not the battle of today! A person who will not quit cannot be defeated. A person who pushes through the pain of defeat, will find themselves ahead of the pack. The person who relies on God to give them the inner strength will find an inexhaustible supply of energy. Do not allow yourself to give up on the war because you have lost a battle. Take your strength from the Lord, rely on Him to fortify, and recharge your soul. You might be down, but you will rise…..it might be dark, but the Lord will cast enough light to illuminate the world. When your enemy knows that you will always rise again, they do not have time to gloat….they are too busy getting ready for the next battle. God does not give up on us, let us use His strength, and perseverance to mount the next attack.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

No comments:

Post a Comment