Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday the 25th

1 John 4: 4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

 

I have to admit that I tend to forget this on some mornings. I wake up get the day started and start worrying. Worried if I can accomplish all I need to, worry if I will get the raise I asked for, if my kids will be alright…..I catch myself halfway through the morning, and realize that I have wasted a huge amount of time worrying, and lost a lot of time getting done what I was worried about doing! It is then that this scripture comes to mind. The people who speak against me, the gauntlets that are thrown down in my path…..these things are nothing to waste my time worrying about. Why you might ask? Because the One in me is greater then the one who is in the world. In my darkest hour, up against my fiercest adversary, or facing my toughest tasks, I have no need to do anything other than put one foot in front of the other, The Good Lord will clear my path…….if I will let Him! See, for the devil to win he does not need you to turn back, he needs you to quit moving forward. He does not depend on you losing faith, he depends on you giving him the opportunity of doubt. The devil does not need a doorway to walk through, all he needs is a cracked window. There is nothing to big for my God, there is no obstacle that can’t be cleared, no foe that cannot be overcome. Christ does not have to travel far when you call on Him. He is inside of you each and every day. The Holy Trinity will guide you, protect you, and clear the path of your life. We have already overcome those that would oppose us, for we have the One in us that is greater than anyone or anything in the world. So make it a point to start your day off with the Lord. Remember each and every morning that you are a child of the most high God. The world has already been overcome, we are saved, we are strong, and we are forgiven. With that knowledge step out into the world knowing that the world does not stand a chance.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment