Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday the 26th

John 10: 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

 

Here again we see Christ setting out a great example. Do as I do. You don’t believe what I say? Fine, believe what I do. How different is that from what we see today? We have political leaders, bosses, co workers, maybe family members, and even in some cases Church leaders, who all live a life of do as I say and not as I do……in other words, “I will tell you how to live, but don’t expect me to follow it.” That is no model for the Christian life, believe me I know. I spent quiet a bit of my life telling people what they need to be doing, but never following it myself. Guess what happens? People quit listening. One thing that cannot be refuted, one that that cannot be challenged, is how we live our lives, not by what we say, but by what we do. We can memorize bible verses, we can write great speeches, and sermons. Unless we back that up with actions it means very little. If we are to be taken for brothers, and sisters of Christ….if we want the world to see us as children of God, then we must do the hard task of walking the walk. That means putting our selfish needs aside, and working for the good of those around us, it means turning off the T.V. and praying as a family, it means that maybe that Sunday game is not as important as the poor who need food, or the lost that need witnessing. Christ came to serve, not to be served, He came to heal, not to destroy. He came to save the world not himself. As Christ committed his life into His Fathers hands, let us strive to commit our into the hands of Christ. AS Christ set about doing the work of His Father, let us set out to continue the work of Christ. People will have no choice but to believe when they see that your words, are backed up with actions. People might think you love the Lord because of what you say, let them KNOW that you do by the way you live out your life.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment