Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed the 24th

2Corinthians 4:7

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

 

We are little more than jars of clay. We are fragile, we wear out, we crack, and have imperfections. Yet we hold such immense treasure inside of us, we have the limitless possibilities that comes with salvation stuffed into this frail body that we will eventually leave. While we each look forward to our life with Christ, I often wonder who will pick up the pieces of our lives when we are gone? Who will take care of all of the stuff that we have crammed into our jars along the way, that now is useless to us and left behind? Maybe a better question is what will others find to use when they look to see what we have left? It is not a question that many people look at, but one that certainly deserves our attention. What are you filling your jar of life with? The light of the Lord cannot shine through credit cards, inflated egos, and all of the brass rings that so many of us strive to reach, and make our own. These things only serve to dim the light and clutter our jars. I would even go as far as to say that we should not place these items directly in our jars, we should stack them up outside. Sure someone might take something, or maybe they will fade, but the truth of the matter is these things are all temporary, and space is limited! You realize that right? Your jar can only hold so much. What takes up the space is up to you. I don’t know about you, but when that jar breaks when my light has gone on to the next chapter, I don’t want people sifting through debt, useless trinkets, and meaningless trophies that only served to make my life here look good. I want them to find the love that I left behind, the family that loves others fearlessly because I loved so deeply, I want them to find the glory of God that protected me throughout my journey here, I want them to pick up and use every ounce mercy that I left, because I will no longer need it. These are the things worth putting in your jar, these are the things that magnify the light of the Lord, and these are the things that when your jar does break, and you move on in your journey, others can come behind, pick up and put in their jar to continue on building the kingdom, building their lives, and filling their jar with worth while things to leave behind for those that come behind them. I can promise you, we will take nothing into this world that we did not bring into it, so take the time to look at what is going into your jar.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

The New Covenant Church

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

<))))><

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment