Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday the 24th

Ephesians 3:7

 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power.

 

Why? Why do I type these letters, why, do I run my mouth about God? Why do I find myself lost in thought about God and how he works in our lives. I mean really who am I? I took some classes, sure, I read some books, great, but I know what I have done, I know where I have been, and I know that sorry does not go far enough to cover some of the hurt I have inflicted. In short I know who I was, and while it might not be who I am today, I still am left with the question why? The same answer always comes up…. God’s grace. Not because he HAS to but because he LOVES to, not because I deserve it, but because I don’t deserve it. Once God puts his grace and favor on you, there is nothing that you cannot accomplish. That is the catch you know. God’s grace is His gift to us, but our lives are our gift back to him. We are freed from our chains of sin, despair, loss, and death. We are given the freedom to become the all that we possibly can. God’s grace is our freedom, freedom to start again, freedom to draw a line in the sand and say from this point forward I will live differently. I will no longer be bound to the life the world wants, but I will soar to the heights that the Lord has in store. We all go through times where we wonder why me, or am I good enough, or do I deserve this. The answer is always the same. How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed. Acknowledge God’s grace in your life, allow it to propel you forward full of love, and faith, so that all might see Him through your actions. We are children of God, it is never really a question of why, it is a question of why not?

 

Peace ,

 

Brian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment