Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday the 11th

I wrote this earlier in the week, but thought I would pass it on to this group as well.

 1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

  4 I always thank my God for you because of God's grace given to you in Christ Jesus, 5 that by Him you were made rich in everything—in all speaking and all knowledge — 6 as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you, 7 so that you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ. 8 He will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful; by Him you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

 

We all have Spiritual gifts. They lie inside of us waiting to be set free. If you think you don’t have any, or don’t know why it is not just jumping forth I will let you in on a little secret…..it is kinda scary to let them out….there I said it. It is the truth though, one we might not like to say out loud but,  we know what we excel at, we know what we are good at, and we can all see how our gifts could be used to support, praise, and magnify the Lord, but we keep them tucked town inside, we say things like ohhh I can’t, or what would people say? We worry about how it will affect our worldly relationships….I mean really….people might think you were one of those Jesus Freaks!  We worry more about our fellowship with society, than our fellowship with the Lord. The gifts are there, we just have to let them out. For us to truly discover what our gifts are, we have to give them a chance to blossom. I will be quite honest and say one of the scariest things I ever did was start writing about the Lord. See the writing led to talking, and the talking led to preaching. Why was it scary? Well….honestly I was worried about what people who knew me would think. I mean really….I am a cradle Catholic…..well a recovering Catholic now but most of my religious peers have a looooong nose to look down when you start talking about bible based churches, or use that nasty word non-denominational. Sure enough though, I let a little bit of that gift out, and there was no looking back. Guess what, the vast majority welcomed it, matter of fact many people tell me that I have helped them feel more comfortable talking to God themselves. But I had to let that gift out. Honestly I knew it all along, I knew good and well what my gift was….running my mouth! I don’t know if you have noticed, but I can talk/ write a blue streak sometimes! It was just a matter of my applying that gift to the ends that it was meant for which of course is glorifying God. Each and every one of us has  gifts that are waiting inside of us. God does not make second rate product, he makes spectacular works of art! If you are thinking that you do not have a gift, rest assured you are mistaken. The candy company might forget to put the prize in the cracker jack box, sometimes you might not get that gift with the happy meal, but make no mistake about it, there are gifts inside of you, God put them there, we are his children, why would he not give us more to offer than we ever imagined, why would he not make us better than we think we are? Would you deny your own child…. Your own family? Of course not!  We are not lacking except in what we allow ourselves to be lacking in. open your hearts, your eyes, and your mind. Your gift to the world is banging at the door, let it out, all it needs is just a small chance to be allowed to grow. Give it the chance! 

 

Peace,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment