Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday the 11th

Hebrews 4: 13

 

13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

 

 

You can run, but you can’t hide……..and boy can we run!! You know…..God sees everything, as a result he never asks a question that he does not already know the answer to. It reminds me of when God asked Cain where Able was………God knew good and well, but free will is a wonderful, wicked thing that always allows us enough rope to hang ourselves, and that is just what Cain did! Don’t we do the same thing often?  Hide it, bury it, throw a tarp over it….just cover your tracks!! No one will ever know……..well almost no one. They say that character is measured not by what you do in front of other people but what you do when no one is watching. I would say the same thing for righteousness. It is not the work that you do at the soup kitchen, it is not the big donation that you made that got your picture in the church bulletin, those might be great things; but the test comes when you are by-yourself, in traffic, in front of the computer, in the quiet moments of our lives our true colors are shown to God, for there is no one else around to see them. Where do you go? What do you do? How do you spend those quiet times? I do not bring this up to berate or belittle, we all have moments that we could be a better person, or make better choices; however we should remember that all is seen. God loves you, He gave His son for you, how better to honor that sacrifice than to make those quite times time for the Lord? Use those small bites of time to give thanks, or beg for forgiveness. Strive to fill that time with moments that you would be proud to have the Lord standing next to you! Nothing is hidden from God, so what will He say of your righteousness, and your character?

 

May the peace of God be with you,

Brian

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm convicted by your writing in this post. For many, many years, I pretended, like Cain, that God couldn't see me in my alone time. Any time away from church was my time, you know? I'm glad he found me again, although I know now that he was aware of me the entire time.

    Thank you for the reminder to be careful.

    ReplyDelete