Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday the 24th

Hebrews 8:1

 

 1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man.

 

 

We serve a higher power. This is the fact that I come back to time and time again. Our laws, our rules, are not decided by man, they have been laid out before us by God himself. I do not understand many things in my life, and why they happen, I do not understand many things in the world ,or why they happen, however there is not a doubt in my mind that there is one who does know, He has known since before the first daybreak, and it is of no matter if I understand it or not. We have a high priest, one who sits at the right hand, one who argues on our behalf . He has already made the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, and He, working within the trinity knows all too well how this all will play out. When I find myself drifting, when I find myself in uncharted waters, I cleave to the true tabernacle, the true authority, and the One that we will all answer to!  Christ is working on all of our behalf. He loves all of us, and I do not doubt that just like when he wept coming in to Jerusalem, he weeps for us today. May we hold ourselves to the standard of our high priest, not the standard of our elected officials. One knows where we are going, the others are still trying to figure it out!

 

 

Peace,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment