Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday the 27th

Acts 9:  19 ….Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. 20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. 21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?” 22 Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.

There is a reason why God used Paul. It was for people like me, perhaps like yourself. You see Paul was not always Paul, he was at one time Saul. While Paul was a great man who gave his entire life to spreading the Word of God, Saul……well he gave his entire life to killing the Word of God, and anyone who would profess the be a follower of Christ. What Saul was, Paul was not. As a matter of fact they were the polar opposite of each other. I need that, maybe you do to. I need to see that Christ can impact your life on such a deep level that you can make the change that you thought was impossible……better yet, you can make the change that others thought was impossible. That my friends is the power of Jesus Christ, that is the power of the truth…..it is the power of our souls. I was not the best person in the world before Christ entered my life. No I was not out hunting down Christians, but I was sure not making great choices, I was not a great father, a great husband….really I was not even that good of a friend. A lot of bad choices, and a lot of encouraging others to come along for the ride. I would be the first to say that I was too far gone, and God really does not need, or want a guy like me…..He sure could not forgive me. How could he? I could not forgive myself. Oh but just like Paul….or should I say Saul, Christ showed up, and He made it quite clear that not only did he forgive me, but He needed me. Not someone else, but ME. He needed me not because I was perfect, but specifically because I was not. There are people out there that need to see the change is not just a possibility, it is an assured fact. They needed to see that a weak willed, misguided, off the path guy, while incapable of change on his own, can transform with the love of Christ. SO God needed, Saul, He needs me, and He needs you. Not because of your perfection, but your lack of it. He uses the weak to conquer the strong, and the foolish to baffle the wise. You might think you can’t change, but Christ knows you can. You might think you can’t be forgiven, but Christ knows your faults, and transgressions, and has more than enough forgiveness for you. You might think you are just a simple human, but the Lord KNOWS you are so much more.  We all can change, and with the Lord, it is a sure thing.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment