Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday the 31st

Ecclesiastes 9: 7& 9   7 Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. 9 Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun.

 

When life is hard to understand, when I don’t know where to turn, when life has kicked me in the gut and I want to shout “why!!?” This is the verse that comes to mind. Right now is what counts. Today, this moment, this very breath that we draw….. right now. That is what counts. I think of how much time I have wasted on tomorrow, how much energy I have expended on yesterday, thinking about the “what if’s” the “could of’s” the “should of’s”, all or the “why didn’t  I’s”……….. I think of the relationships that have suffered, and how much love I have held onto waiting for the prize, waiting for the right time, waiting for the hurt to pass. I think of these times, and I see that this life has been approved by God. He made it, He gave it to me. It is not mine, and He will take it from me when the time comes…..and I can promise you that time will not fit into my schedule or the schedule of anyone that I love! Death waits for no man, it is a phrase we hear often, but guess what….life does not wait either. It is going on today whether we want to participate or not. Life will continue on today, despite our hurts, our fears, and our loss. We find ourselves left with two choices. We can live this life that God has given us. We can reach out through our pain, and our disappointment, and we can seize life by the throat, or we can slink back into our own little world, and be a shell of the person that we are destined to be. We are given one life. Will it be full of love, or remorse? Will it overflow with joy, or will it be a life of dwelling on the pain. This life we live, and the lives of those around us are but temporary. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow might never get here…..let our lives be defined by how we live today. We will face pain that we do not understand, but let us understand that God is in control, not us. We will be dealt disappointment, but let us remember that God works for the good in the lives of those who love Him. Life will not make sense, but let us lean, especially in our times of trial, on the One who has seen the end. This is our life, this is our day, this is our hour, our moment. Let us trust in God, and live the life He meant for us to have.

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment