Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday the 11th

1 Corinthians 4: 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

 

Only the Lord can judge us, for it is only the Lord that truly knows our heart. Only He knows what we are capable of. Only He knows our full potential. The Lord truly knows us, better than we, or anyone on this earth knows us. That being the case, we then know that only the Lord can limit our life…..and in case you have not noticed…..He is not in the limiting business! I was called out the other day by a friend. We were talking about my daughter’s upcoming tournament, and I made the comment, “well it is her first tournament, so I don’t expect her to do that well”. My friend just looked at me and asked, “why would you put that out there?” Good point…..very good point my friend! I spend a lot of time talking about how we have to have faith that God will work in our lives, that He will reach out and make the impossible, possible….yet I could not extend that same faith to my own daughter. Who am I to judge what she can or cannot accomplish? I know her because she lives with me, I have raised her (well my wife has done more, but I have helped!), what I do not know is what she is capable of with the strength of God inside of her. That thought transfers to every person that comes into our lives. Christ looked at fishermen, and saw disciples. He looked at a man who was killing Christians, and saw a prolific writer, and encourager. Our potential is only limited by what we will allow God to do. Our growth will only be stunted when we believe in what others say about us, and quit listening to the promises that the Lord has spoken. Every accomplishment you have made in your life started out as a thought, a dream. You imagined it, and the Lord put on His work gloves and led the way for you. Do not limit your dreams! Those dreams are little snapshots…not of the impossible, but of some of the things that are possible with the Lord. More importantly do not try and limit the dreams of others. While we might think we know them, we might think we can judge what they can and cannot do……only the Lord can judge, and only the Lord can limit…….and the limit He places on our lives is eternity.

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment