Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday the 29th

Luke 19:  40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Jesus will not be denied! If the crowd were silenced, then the stones would cry out…….the stones…..as in the rocks. I have seen rocks talk when I was a kid on the show fraggle rock…..I have seen a plant talk in the little shop of horrors….however seeing a stone talk in real life……nope can’t say that is one I have seen, as a matter of fact if you were to ask me to make a rock speak….well I would have to tell you that it was an impossible feat. Can’t be done, no human can force life into a rock, and give it a voice……but the Lord can. Think about that one. If people can not shout Christ’s name, if the people are not allowed to give thanks to God, then fine, the rocks will do it! Rocks talking…..kinda makes you stop and think…..who are you fighting against? There is nothing that is impossible for God, yet we fight, push, struggle even claw against Him  sometimes don’t we? We feel called to go to church, but we bury our heads in the pillow, and clamp down tight, we feel the undeniable urge to stop and help the person on the side of the road, but resist, because we are in a hurry. We are being called to action in the name of God, yet we do not want to go, we run the other direction, or we keep saying “I will do it tomorrow”. We know that God has a plan for us, but we know that we will have to give up some of our worldly pleasures, we will have to change our lives, so He can change our hearts, but we dig our heels in. And the list goes on, and on, we all fight or fought on some level, at some time.  It’s hard isn’t it? It is tiring….as a matter of fact a several years ago I would say that my second job was  fighting against God’s plan for me…….and I was WORN OUT! I was tired, I had no energy, I went to bed tired, and woke up worse……sound familiar? Who are we fighting? I guess the better question is, do you really think you will win? You are up against a God so great that He can bring life to what we thought was lifeless. HE can heal the sick, give sight to the blind, cause the lame to walk….oh and did I mention He defeated death? Yet so many of us pick up our old tarnished battle armor, and taunt Him each morning. Here is an idea, why not trade in that cheap, thin, tin armor that the world gave you. It is worthless, and will not stand the test of time. Trade it in for the armor of God, we like to fight so much, why not fight for Him, instead of against Him? The strongest you will ever be, is the moment you surrender to the love of God. He will flood you with the strength of a thousand men, just ask David. No, none of us are perfect, as a matter of fact most of the people God uses are not only imperfect, but they are very well aware of just how imperfect they are! Yes, you will fit in just like one of the family. In the end there will be winners, and losers, saved, and unsaved, light, and darkness, there will be an army led by the One who causes the rocks to cry out, and there will be masses of people looking around at the talking rocks……you are either fighting for Him, or against Him…..I do not know about you, but I can’t make rocks talk…….(as my kids would say)…..just sayin’ 

 

 

God Bless,

Brian Thetford

<((((><

 

www.thenewcovenantchurch.com

 

www.theworkweekwithchrist.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment