Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday the 19th

Psalm 141: 1 O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you.

Come quickly to me….hear my voice when I call. That sounds more like telling than asking, doesn’t it? There are several times in the book of Psalms that I can’t help but think that David had great expectations when it came to God. He expected the Lord to protect Him, he expected the Lord to come to him, he expected the Lord to hear him each and everytime he lifted his voice to God. You know what? God did all of that and then some. The Lord has no problem meeting our needs, and our righteous expectations. As He told Jeremiah in chapter 32: 27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? God wants us to depend on Him, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. He expects us to expect Him to. When we trust someone, when we love someone, when we depend on someone, then we expect things from them, and they from us. A child expects that their parent will be there to pick them up after school, a brother expects his older brother to protect him, the best friend is expected to be a confidant, and a supporter of dreams, and goals. There is nothing that the people that we surround ourselves with will not do for us……so how much more is God willing to do for those that love Him? If you can trust your life to your family, and a few friends, then how much more can you trust your eternal soul to the one who created it all? Call on Him, He will answer…expect Him to answer because you can trust Him, you can trust Him because He has told us that we can. Jeremiah 33: 3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Call on me, and notice here that God does not say He will listen, or that He will hear. In our time of need we call and He will answer! God wants you to expect things from Him, The Lord wants you to depend on Him, and Him alone for your needs. There is nothing to hard for Him, there is nothing to big, there is nothing He will not do for you. You have to ask, then you have to have the faith that He will answer. The quickest way to get your voice up to the Lord, is to get down on a knee. Call on Him, He is expecting you.

God Bless,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment