Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wed the 1st

Colossians 4: 5-6

 

5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

 

 

You know….I have never made an enemy by complimenting a person’s family, or their dog…….I can’t think of a time when someone told me to shut up and walked away from me when I approached them by asking about what is going on in their life. Whenever I take an interest in a person and take the time to get to know a little bit about them, for some reason they often will talk for hours……………weird huh? Every meeting is an opportunity, how we handle that opportunity is up to us. There seems to be a mindset today that says that we must save every person we see (good intentions), and we must do it by pointing out their faults, beating them over the head with the bible, and condemning them to hell if they will not listen (bad form)…….Folks….. you will not win many souls that way! I urge everyone be wise in dealing with others. We should all take a lesson from Christ himself. Christ is the son of God, yet when he came to earth he did not hold his position over anyone. He did not hold himself out as better than, or more deserving than anyone else. He offered to all who would listen to him, compassion, love, honesty tempered with understanding. For me personally, there is not a day that goes by that I do not remember where I came from, the struggles that I had, the worldly addictions that I set down. I hope that I never do forget, or let the passage of time lull me into the past being a hazy memory. When we remember how hard it was to change ourselves, when we think of the changes that we made, then we see how to deal with others. Not through fear, or debasement, but with the love, and compassion that our Lord showed us! Be wise, make the most of every opportunity, let your conversation be seasoned with grace, and salt, remember at one time you were just as dead in your sin, as the person standing next to you. Christ called people by his actions, and his compassion, it is care, love, compassion, and the grace of God working in us that wins souls….we just aren’t good enough to do it on our own! SO go out, and make the most of every opportunity!

 

Be blessed, and be a blessing,

Brian

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment